Data Platform Engineer
Panaseer’s mission is to make enterprise cyber-security-risk intelligent. To empower enterprises with a scalable view of the truth to conduct business in the digital world with confidence and control. The Panaseer Platform is a powerful tool for managing and improving your risk posture and Cyber Hygiene practices. It takes data from security, IT and business solutions to present an accurate and up to date view of Enterprise Cyber Hygiene. By automating data processing, risk analysis and remedial action, it helps Security, Risk and IT teams collaborate more effectively on what matters most.
Our diversity is our strength. The team hails from a wide range of backgrounds and skill sets, with degrees covering everything from Astrophysics and Computational Chemistry to Mathematical Biology, High-Performance Computing and everything in-between. We'd love to hear from you!
Visit panaseer.com and follow us on Twitter at @panaseer_team
How We Work - Our Engineering Culture
Joining our growing engineering team now will give you the opportunity to work at enterprise scale on truly business-critical problems – although we’re a small company thus far, we have a serious impact on huge customers.
You'll have the chance to work with:
- Cross-functional teams across data science, engineering (platform, data & front-end), product, customer success and end users enabling us to discover, prototype and build rapidly.
- Fortnightly Scrum sprints with daily stand-ups, weekly demos and fortnightly retrospectives that encourage lean ways of thinking and continuous iteration.
- Autonomous technical teams. Through regular architecture, refactor and backlog triage sessions, you will shape our future product architecture by defining how components integrate to create a system that is scalable, secure, robust and performant.
- An environment that values and encourages learning, knowledge sharing and personal development by getting involved in and organising meet-ups, conferences, internal brown-bag session and more. Our technical functions regularly get together in working groups to discuss a range of topics from architecture to engineering practices and tooling.
You can find out all about the exciting stuff we're building on our Engineering Blog. To find out what it's like to work at Panaseer, why not have a read about a typical day in the life of an engineer.
Who you are
While you may not have worked with big data technologies and data platforms, you are a curious and ambitious engineer, passionate learning about:
- A wide array of the latest big data technologies, particularly Spark and Hadoop, blended together to allow our customers to collect, store and analyse huge volumes of data from which security insights are derived.
- Developing in Scala, Java, Python and scripting languages to build enterprise-grade ETL frameworks on top of Apache Spark to make it easy for data scientists to build complex data pipelines and analysis applications.
- Provisioning, managing and operating infrastructure on AWS (using Terraform and Prometheus), and deploying applications with Ansible.
Essential to the role are your capabilities and prior experience in:
- Commercial software development experience with high competency in Java or Scala
Preferably to have had exposure to:
- Building RESTful APIs using Java Spring
- A mature software CI/CD delivery pipeline, Git and Jira, realising the benefits of this as an approach
- An appreciation of different testing techniques and the positives and negatives of different approaches e.g. TDD, unit testing, integration testing
Our compensation and benefits package includes:
* Competitive salaries and meaningful equity options
* Bupa Health Insurance for you and your family
* A holiday allowance of 25 days per year
* Flexibility to work days from home
* Personal training and development budget, including free AWS Training & Certification
* Company pension scheme
* 15" MacBook Pros with multi-screens and touch bar
At Panaseer we strive to create the best environment and atmosphere for our diverse range of employees. We offer:
* A great team atmosphere in the Central London Panaseer HQ with lots of collaborative working spaces
* An open and inclusive environment including free team lunch every Wednesday and drinks on a Friday
* We support our employee-led clubs such as the Film Club, Running Club, Climbing Club and Yoga Club – you can join or start your own!
* We understand the importance of health and well-being and support this with company sponsored mental health resources
At Panaseer we celebrate diversity and are an equal opportunity workplace. Panaseer is committed to encouraging diversity and eliminating discrimination in both its role as an employer and as a provider of services. Our aim is that our staff are truly representative of all sections of society and work in an environment where everyone is respected and able to perform to the best of their ability. Our policy is to provide equality and fairness for all in our employment and in our provision of services and not to discriminate, or favour, on the grounds of race, colour, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, nationality, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, neurodivergence, marital status, parental status, disability, medical condition, physical appearance or socio-economic status.
Accessibility - If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact [email protected]
As part of the application processes Panaseer Limited will collect information about you including information provided directly by you and information from third parties. We will process this information as part of the recruitment processes. This information will be treated in accordance with our Data Protection Policy for Recruitment which can be found here.
To all recruitment agencies Panaseer does not accept recruitment agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Panaseer employees or any other company locations.